2.26.2009

Tilt shift






These images are fake miniatures. It is a digital effect called 'Tilt-shifting'. It is very easy to do. Using photo shop or gimp, simply select the area you want to be in focus, then unfocus everything else. For obvious reasons it works best on photos taken from a distance. I have seen several examples online where someone tries to tilt-shift their room and it just looks like the photo is weirdly blurry. Though, I believe a realistic looking a bedroom tilt-shift would be possible if photographed correctly. Dave Bottom, I am hoping you found this enlightening and humorous. Alissa Skinner, you are dying to hear more stories about marissa's mom!

5 comments:

Friends of Dawson Creek Management said...

i tilt-shifted your asshole, butt mucnh!?!?

carie said...

Chris, The post after this one doesn't allow comments. Not that I want anything from you anyway.

DB said...

Well...First of all I'm thrilled to get a mention on your world wide webosphere. Second of all - it wasn't humorous, but kind of enlightening, I'll see if our camera does that tilt shift thingamajog. Third - I am an a-hole because I still love the joke - "thats what she said"
I have a paper/study due and I'm doing this instead...Fourth - remember the diarhea song?

Marissa N. Paolacci said...

i am so smart, even if you tried to tilt shift my brain it would still look non small.

isaac isak icekick said...

yeah what gives why cant i comment on your next post? and you know what i want from you? that painting of yours that i bought so long ago.