10.07.2008

addie

Thank you to Adrienne B. for letting me know the name of the Elder I had referred to in the previous entry. Elder Corbridge. I looked him up and confirmed that yes, he is a life long member. I re-listened to the talk and realized he did not say 'insanity', but 'madness'. Those words or synonymous enough it doesn't affect what I wrote. But I think the tone of madness is worse than of insanity. Madness seems like someone who is going to become a killer. Or a scientist.

Re listening to the talk I realized he was more explicit than I had first realized. He repeatedly mentioned that ANY other way, whatever it may be, leads to despair.

Because of how over-the-top and unsettling his talk was I want to write more about it, yet his point was so obviously and unquestionably untrue I don't know what else I could say.
(in writing and speaking I make an effort to avoid extreme language and hyperbole, as I wish to communicate as effectively and sincerely as possible. I questioned myself in using the terms 'obviously' and 'unquestionably', but decided they accurately reflect my feelings and will stay)

2 comments:

Miss Wiemer said...

MADNESS... KILLER... SCIENTIST... MY JOKE!!! give me credit, man!

Chris Almond said...

i will be rolling in my grave before i give you credit for your jokes.

Blog Archive