Thank you to Adrienne B. for letting me know the name of the Elder I had referred to in the previous entry. Elder Corbridge. I looked him up and confirmed that yes, he is a life long member. I re-listened to the talk and realized he did not say 'insanity', but 'madness'. Those words or synonymous enough it doesn't affect what I wrote. But I think the tone of madness is worse than of insanity. Madness seems like someone who is going to become a killer. Or a scientist.
Re listening to the talk I realized he was more explicit than I had first realized. He repeatedly mentioned that ANY other way, whatever it may be, leads to despair.
Because of how over-the-top and unsettling his talk was I want to write more about it, yet his point was so obviously and unquestionably untrue I don't know what else I could say.
(in writing and speaking I make an effort to avoid extreme language and hyperbole, as I wish to communicate as effectively and sincerely as possible. I questioned myself in using the terms 'obviously' and 'unquestionably', but decided they accurately reflect my feelings and will stay)
- ► 2010 (126)
- ► 2009 (76)
- Art Show. Parents.
- The elite.
- urim and thummim
- Christians and the redistribution of wealth.
- I just read these lines, and thought they felt app...
- Homosexuality and Shellfish.
- a real life furby!
- funny video with a good message.
- riki wiki
- Grad School.
- What I want from a home.
- Hi Marissa, Hi Brown Bear. Hello Self. Hello house...
- Yes for Marriage (for everyone)
- 'I will sleep through every single dawn and those ...
- One more thing
- vp debate.
- I came to know this guy cause he left a comm...
- Kari Jorgensen.
- ▼ October (33)